April 21, 2021 to April 22, 2021
9:00 am to 12:30 pmAdd to Calendar (iCal) Add to Google Calendar
Mental Health First Aid Standard Virtual consists of one 2-hour self-directed module and two 3.5-hour live virtual sessions to help you learn how to recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis and encourage that person to:
- Talk about declines in their mental well-being
- Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
- Reach out to these supports
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
- Use MHFA actions to maintain mental well-being
Topics include MHFA actions, guidelines for MHFA conversations with people from diverse cultures and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, using MHFA actions for self-care, and practice using the MHFA skills for situations of declining mental health and crisis. More details are available here.
Approximately 2 weeks before your virtual live modules (Modules 2 and 3), you will be emailed a link to complete the self-directed module (Module 1) online and access the “MHFA Participant Reference Guide” and course materials. If you are registering within 2 weeks of the live modules, you will be sent this email as soon as possible.
Please note that you are required to:
- Complete Module 1 in order to participate in Modules 2 and 3.
- Be present for the entire course in order to receive a certificate.
- Have your camera on during the live modules.
Cost: $175 per person
A limited number of discounts are available for students and seniors. Contact us at 1-877-693-4270 or email@example.com for details.
While we do not provide refunds once a payment is made, you may transfer your registration to another course within one year, to a maximum of two attempts at re-registration.
Mental Health First Aid is an evidence-based program of the Mental Health Commission of Canada.